Ready-To-Install into pre-existing door openings. Quickly replace an old door. Change the handing/swinging of an opening. Pre-installed hardware.
Quick Mount Steel Doors and Frames Quick Mount Doors and Sub-Frames by Securall® are ready-to-install into pre-existing door openings. The Quick Mount door and sub-frame can be used to quickly replace an old door or to change the handing/swinging of an opening. Quick Mount Doors come with all hardware pre-installed. We use high quality Grade 2 hardware, and the door is available in a variety of configurations. Quick Mount Doors and Sub-Frames are designed to be the ideal product for the replacement door market and can be used to quickly secure any pre-existing opening. Quick Mount doors come in two thicknesses of steel, 18 gauge or 16 gauge, while, all sub-frames are 14 gauge steel.
Fire Rating: Quick Mount Doors can be fired rated for 45 minutes or 1 ½ hours, providing that the sub-frame and door are mounted into an existing fire rated opening and depending on the amount of glass required.
Quick Mount Door: Installation Instruction
Unpackaging: Removing Quick Mount Door From Packaging
1. Remove screws securing door to crate from perimeter of sub frame (Do not remove screws attaching door shipment straps to sub frame as shown, these straps will be removed during installation).
2. After all screws are removed; the door may be lifted out of its shipping container.
3. Secure door in upstanding position. It will not balance of its own and may fall over causing unrepairable damage or injury.
Installation: Old Door Area Preparation
1. Remove currently installed door from current wall frame.
2. Remove hinges and lockset hardware from currently installed frame.
3. After all hardware is removed, the internal surfaces of the current frame should be smooth and free of any protrusions. Remove any existing protrusions that may block the Retrofit Door from sliding into place over existing frame.
Installation: Quick Mount Door Installation (Exterior)
1. Insert door and frame assembly into existing frame.
2. Use a level above door sub frame and on the hinge side frame to level door and frame assembly. Failure to level door and frame assembly may result in faulty operation of door.
3. Install provided 10-24 stainless steel screws into all sub frame holes excluding shipment straps.
4. Remove shipment straps.
5. Install provided 10-24 stainless steel screws into shipment holes.
Installation: Quick Mount Door Installation (Interior)
1. Upon completion of exterior installation open the door and remove plastic shims.
2. Install provided 10-24 stainless steel screws into interior sub frame stop holes.
3. Install door closer frame mount in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
4. Install exit device frame latch in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
5. Apply provided self-adhesive weather stripping to the stop of the sub frame.